E-Visa India has become more popular than the traditional visa because of its hassle-free services.People are choosing e-Visa over regular visa thus making it a big hit and most opted visa for India.
Senior Home Ministry official has recently announced that revenue of over 1400 crore has beenearned by the e-Visa India scheme. The scheme was launched in 2014. There are some facts aboute-Visa India which you may not know:Let’s know about it:
- E-Visa scheme is offered to 163 countries.
- Last year 19 lakh tourists were reported availing the service of e-Visa India to get an entry into the country.
- It is expected that over 25 lakh tourists will be availing the e-Visa service in 2018.
- E-Visa scheme was initiated by foreigners’ division of the Ministry of Home Affairs and it doesn’t entail any facilitation by an intermediary.
- E-Visa is offered to those visitors who visit India for the purpose of recreation, sightseeing, casual visit, medical treatment, and business trip.
- If you want to avail the e-Visa service, you must submit an online form with an onward or return ticket.
- E-Visa service is not for free. You have to pay an amount that depends on the nationality.
- You can stay for a maximum of 60 days with your valid online Visa India.